2019年7月2日 星期二

Day 2 -- Knowing Myself


Sunnie Chan 3S (4)
Today was a very great day!! We did something called the priority jar, also known as the “jar of life” which helped me to figure out what I should do with my time. We should all make use of our time to do important things first and leave the rest for marginal and tiny issues. I enjoyed the Latin dance class too. It was fun! Through learning the basic steps, finding the beat and dancing with a partner, I truly understood the importance of teamwork. Without great teamwork, we cannot dance nicely. The highlight of the day was the nature walk. We spent some quality time enjoying the fresh air while enchanting with the natural environment.

Christy Mou 3T (27)
We really enjoyed walking in the natural park today. It was a really good opportunity for us to connect with nature as we don’t usually go hiking in Hong Kong and we do not have that many species of plants and animals. The Latin dance class gave us a chance to relax and recharge our body and mind. We have never experienced this type of dance before. We really enjoyed it very much. The art and craft session allowed us to learn more about ourselves and we can use our imagination to create our own name tag. We enjoyed the movie night a lot. Although the movie was filmed quite a long time ago, I was impressed by its unique and interesting theme and storyline. We had sympathy for the main characters.

Yurika Kawasaki 3L (16)
We participated in many activities today. They certainly helped us know more about ourselves. We first learnt to prioritise our needs according to their significance through the activity called “the priority jar.”  I personally think that the nature walk was the highlight of the day. Getting away from the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong and immersing in nature, we felt more relaxed. We also learnt more about the local birds in London, Ontario.  Through the activity called “the Priority Jar”, we learnt to prioritize family and friends over studying though they all seem equally important to us. In addition, the meal times have truly become something that we all look forward to. We could bond with our schoolmates from other classes and our counsellors while having scrumptious meals.

Shanice Li 3P (24)
We started off our day with a lesson about knowing ourselves. Through the priority jar, we learnt how to balance things in our life and should spend more time on more important things such as family and friends rather than materialistic things like your cell phone. After the lesson, we went on a nature walk which was a great opportunity for us to appreciate the serenity and beauty of the natural environment. It was a great experience. We also had a lot of fun in Latin dance class. In the art and craft session, we made a picture frame and did a love language test. This helped us to understand ourselves better and learn how to express love.

Belle Ngan 3P (29)
It was a fun and amazing day to me. In the morning we had a lesson on “Knowing Myself”, in which I learned that we have to prioritise in order to improve our time management, which could in turn train us to be a good leader.

We also had a walk in a forest, where we enjoyed the serenity of nature and saw different kinds of trees, insects, and flowers. It was a memorable experience for me since I have never had a chance to go for a nature walk in Hong Kong. I would definitely try it again if I had the chance.

In the afternoon our counsellor Raina taught us the basic steps of Latin dance. Although I could not dance well, I was on cloud nine with my friends. At night we all watched a movie called Ferris Bueller’s Day Off together . It was very funny and I laughed so much.

In conclusion, today I learned more about myself, in terms of my strengths and weaknesses. What I have learnt today can help shape a better version of my self.

Carrie Chiu 3U (9)
The theme today is “Knowing Myself”. Through activities like priority jar, love language and making a photo frame, we were able to learn about our personalities and qualities, in order to prepare ourselves for working with different people in the society in the future. In my view, the leadership trait I have is friendliness. I hope I could be a considerate leader so that my teammates will feel at ease when working with me.

We had a nature walk before lunch, which was meaningful as we understood how the landforms have changed over the years. The environment is amazing as the air was fresh and clean unlike in Hong Kong. I treasured the leisurely stroll we took in nature.

We also had a Latin dance lesson with our counsellor Raina in the afternoon. Although I have been learning dancing since I was small, this style of dance was new to me. Therefore, it was fantastic that I could get to have a taste of it. At first, it was hard to follow the fast pace when I combined the moves with my partner, but I am glad that I could handle the combo smoothly after more practice. This could arouse my interest in other kinds of dances other than the ones I am learning.

Christie Lau 3L (21)
The topic of the second day of the Brescia tour is ‘Knowing Myself’. We learnt more about how to prioritise in life through priority jars. The metaphor behind this is that if you spend all of your time on insignificant things, you will run out of room for the things that are actually important. I think that it is important for us to know our priorities so then we can fulfil our goals and aspirations without wasting time on trivial matters, especially when human beings often hold on to what do not carry significance.

We also went on a nature walk in the Medway Valley Heritage Forest next to the campus. We went in the morning and the weather was beautiful. It is completely different from what we have in Hong Kong and I am enjoying the weather here better. Beforehand, our teachers reminded us to be careful not to damage the natural environment. We hiked in the forest and saw some breathtaking scenery. We also took some group photos by the lake. We all had a nice time exploring the wild.

Last but not least, we watched Ferris Bueller’s Day Off at night. It is about a big boy who convinced his parents that he is sick so that he could sneak out to spend time with his girlfriend and his best friend. At last he came back in time without his parents knowing. It is a comedy with a lot of twists and turns. The whole atmosphere is very good and we all enjoyed ourselves.

Cherie Hung 3A (18)
'Knowing Myself' is the theme of the day. The concept of self is closely aligned to us in different subjects. Elements like self-esteem and self-confidence, for instance, are crucial in leadership. To be a good leader, a better understanding of the ‘self’ is very important.

We have to know about our own ability and strengths, limitations and weaknesses in order to lead and regulate ourselves. Adequate work distribution in a team is important. Leaders have to comprehend the strengths and weaknesses of members to distribute work suitably and maximise the efficiency of the team.
‘Knowing myself’, for me, is an everyday practice which involves thinking through all the things that happen on a day and reflecting on how to do better in different situations.

3A Camille Wong (36)
This morning, we went on a hike in a forest. It was amazing as we had the opportunity to stay close to nature and hear its soothing voices, at the same time learning more about geography. It is a bummer that we are seldom able to do this in Hong Kong.

Afterwards, we had a picnic lunch on the grass. I wish we could do this every day! Then, we learnt salsa, which reminded me of the dance lessons on the tour to Spain last year. I had a blast in these activities!

At night, we watched a movie called Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. It is extremely entertaining, and the actress is gorgeous. We also ate a lot of tortillas and popcorn. It was an overall rewarding day with much relaxation and happiness.

























沒有留言:

張貼留言

Day 11 -- Making Change

Heidi Chan 3P (1) Today was an exhilarating day filled with various activities. We had a lesson on making change and discussed how to ma...