2019年7月3日 星期三

Day 3 -- Confidence & Self-esteem

 Sammi Ma 3P (27)
We had a yoga workshop in the morning and thanks to our director, Nicole, we all had a great time. We have learnt that relaxation in times of stress is very important, and I thought that the whole process was fun! Then, we wrote some positive messages to our friends in the home group. It let us know our own beauty and reaffirm the belief that we are unique, boosting our confidence.

After lunch, the Brescia recruiting team shared with us about studying in Canada. They asked us questions about Canada and Brescia and we learnt more about both places. After that, we had the activity of finding our true colours. This activity was interesting and useful as we learned about ourselves and embracing differences between people. In the evening, we went to the Masonville Hall. We all had our dinner and shopped there, and it was an enjoyable memory which we treasured very much.

Kitty Wong 3P (33)
The theme today is confidence and self-esteem. Through different activities and lessons, I learnt how to be more confident and more about myself. In the morning, we had a fitness lesson which made me feel more relaxed. Then, there was a talk about confidence and self-esteem. The three special guests primarily talked about how to improve our confidence and being a role model.

I really like the activity that followed, the Confidence Panel, because this allowed me to know how my groupmates feel about me and the positive and encouraging words gives me confidence that I can do good and I am supported. Especially when Erica told us about the quote of blossoming flowers, I understood that we cannot always focus on gratifying our desires.

In the afternoon, I developed a better understanding of Canada and Brescia through the Brescia Team Presentation. Next, we had a lesson about true colours taught by Eric Sloat. I learnt about the four colours that represent different groups of people. I am the “blue” people, being emotive and centering on relationships.

Phoebe Chan 3L (4)
Today, we had a lesson on True Colours. We learnt that everyone has different characteristics and therefore can be categorized into 4 personality types represented by 4 different colours - gold, orange, green and blue. In this lesson, we found out which colour we belong to. For example, green represents someone who is not emotionally expressive, logical and practical. After learning the differences of the 4 colours, we formed groups and drew birthday cards for another group.

I realized that the teaching and learning mode here is very different from that of Hong Kong. Rather than the traditional “chalk and talk” method, we are encouraged to express what we have learnt during the lesson by different means e.g. drawing. Yet, I think that the traditional way suits me better as I can follow the lesson easily and be sure what I am learning at the moment. However, I still believe that this lessons helps me improve my communication skills as the birthday card is a piece of group work requires much communication and coordination.

Carol Chan 3L (6)
It was a truly fulfilling day. The theme was CONFIDENCE. We started off the day with yoga practice, which helped us relax and recharge our bodies and calm our minds. Through the practice, we were able to develop further on our self-love and mindfulness. We then felt more at ease and comfortable.

The yoga class was followed by a lecture on confidence, during which we worked on a task called ’Mirror, mirror’. It provided us with an opportunity to reflect on ourselves and learn to not to focus on our flaws but to acknowledge our strengths. This certainly helped us gain more confidence!

The highlight of the day was the Confidence Panel, in which Melanie, Noelle and Erica, members of the Brescia University College shared with us their unique and personal experiences on confidence. The quote of Erica, ’A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.’ caught my attention. I found this quote very relatable to me as I often compare myself to others and what I see on social media. Yet through the panel, we were able to learn what social media shows are only a person’s ups without their downs. Therefore, there is really no point of trying to compare ourselves to them! I now know how to fully boost my confidence and develop it further.

The Brescia team also gave us a presentation on Brescia University College and Canadian universities. Through the trivia, we had a better knowledge of Canada as a whole!

Then, we had a session with Eric Sloat on True Colors, which is a personality test aiming at improving our self-knowledge. Not only is that essential, but we were also able to identify our weaknesses and try our best to turn them into an opportunity or transform them into strengths.
The day ended with a visit to the Masonville Mall. The shopping was no doubt enjoyable; however, what caught my attention was the passion and friendliness of salespersons at stores. It’s the passion that made them confident.

The experience today was rewarding. The day was spectacular and we were able to have a deeper understanding of confidence and apply it in our daily lives.

Charley Lam 3A (37)
Today’s activities revolve around the theme of Confidence. I think confidence is an important element of good leadership. It enables the leader to  persist  with what he/she sees right and reassure the team members that their efforts will not be in vain. Confidence is beneficial to leadership as it encourages the team to trust and follow the leader, enhancing the team’s efficiency.

Having high self-esteem is equally important for a leader and his/her personal growth. High self-esteem means that you have the self-respect and take pride in yourself and your abilities. For instance, you may think you are beautiful from the inside out and you believe in your abilities. This can help you lead a happier life as you feel better about yourself. It also makes you a better leader as you appear to 'know what you’re doing'.

The workshop on 'True Colors' helped us identify our personality traits and what we have to work on to achieve a more diversified personality. It was an rewarding experience and it was beneficial to our personal development.

It was a blast shopping and dining at the Masonville mall. The size of it is way bigger than the ones in Hong Kong. There are a lot of things to shop there and there are some local brands and stores. The best part of the mall is the build-a-bear workshop. It is a great experience to try building my own bear and I really wish I could go to a mall like that again.

3A Emma Wu (37)
Today, we attended a yoga class and the confidence panel in the morning. Yoga practice helped us relax our bodies whereas the confidence panel let us learn how to be more confident through the sharing of some successful graduates of the Brescia College.

After that, we took the True Colors personality test. We learned how to identify our strongest personality traits and adjust the way we communicate with people of a different personality.

At night, we went to the Masonville Mall and bought some souvenirs and stationery. It was an extremely fruitful day.

Cherry Lee 3S (18)
We started off our fruitful day with a yoga class. The yoga lesson today is refreshing with relaxing music. After the class, I could feel my body getting lighter and I was less tired. Later, a confident panel comprising a professor, doctor and the alumni shared with us their experience. Their inspiring sharing made me understand that we should believe in ourselves and have confidence in our endeavours. We should believe that we have the ability to accomplish every task and should never be afraid of making mistakes. Trying to compliment ourselves can strengthen our self-esteem and enhance our quality of life at the same time.

After that, there was a talk about true colours. I found out more about myself and I’m actually close to a “blue” guy, someone who is emotive and quite cherish the relationship between people. This lesson made me know how I should change myself, being strengthened by different kinds of people and motivated to strive for the better. Our day was concluded with shopping in the Masonville Mall and it was undoubtedly an amazing day!

Haylie Lai 3S (13)
Today, we had a yoga lesson, in which I tried my best with encouragement from the teacher. It was my first time doing yoga, and I think it was a very precious opportunity for me to relax after the lesson. The Confidence Panel is extremely inspiring. The guests' sharing was thought-provoking and prompted my self-reflection. The point of trusting and believing in oneself is the most unforgettable for me. We should not doubt ourselves but rather have the conviction that nothing is impossible.

The workshop "True Colors", which is about learning one's personality, is amazing. It impressively revealed all our teammates' personalities accurately. At night we went to the Masonville mall and bought clothes, jackets, and other necessities. We all had a splendid time there. 






















沒有留言:

張貼留言

Day 11 -- Making Change

Heidi Chan 3P (1) Today was an exhilarating day filled with various activities. We had a lesson on making change and discussed how to ma...