Nissim Joy Jimee 3L (13)
We started off the day
with some team building activities. We had so much fun and learnt the importance
of teamwork and organisation. After lunch, we could relieve some stress by
doing jazzercise. I think it was a new experience for all of us. Though it was
a bit tiring, it made us feel good and very happy and excited! Lastly, we ended
the day with a sports night. We learnt how to play American football, football
and lacrosse together. It was so fruitful and fun to play together with our
counsellors.
Sammi Ma 3P (27)
We started off the day
with an activity which required us to build the tallest structure by using
materials like marshmallows, spaghetti and paper. We then wrote down the
characteristics of good teamwork on a paper and shared them with our
classmates. I thought that today’s theme, teamwork, can be applied to our daily
lives as we often have to work with others. After lunch, we went to the
University bookstore and we learnt more about Western University through
walking around the campus. Then, we had a special fitness class called
Jazzercise which was really great and I enjoyed it very much! The sports games
after dinner were also awesome! We learnt more about local sports games and put
what we had learnt today - teamwork in every game. I believed that teamwork was
really important to us because it helped us to work with others in a better way.
Kitty Wong 3P (33)
We did an array of
team-building activities today in which we cooperated well with our teammates.
First, throughout the process of devising plans for each game, I learnt that to
come up with the best plan, every member should contribute ideas and have a
thorough discussion. Also, she should be cognizant of her own role, be
responsive and respect each other, so then the team can maximize its efficiency
and achieve the most satisfactory results.
After lunch, we went
to the auditorium for jazzercise, which allowed me to relax. It was also
beneficial as I learnt numerous easy steps which I can practise in my daily
life to become healthier. At night, we played some sports games in groups. We
paid full attention and collaborated well with our group mates. I learnt some
skills and tactics in playing the sports. I had the time of my life as they are
fun to play and I got to share this happiness with my teammates.
Finally, the last
activity is Doctor Dodgeball. Everyone had her role and had to demonstrate
cooperative skills for our team to win. The activity brought out the importance
of teamwork. It was on the whole a fulfilling and wondrous day with immense
enjoyment.
Phoebe Chan 3L (4)
In the morning, we had
lessons on teamwork. We were divided into groups, competing with each other by
building the tallest structure using some marshmallows and spaghetti. After
that, we did some shopping at the grocery store and bookshop in Western
University, where I bought some chocolates and candy.
At night, we played
American football and Lacrosse. It was my first time to play these sports. It
was great fun and I hope to have such experience soon in the future.
Christie Lau 3L (21)
The topic today is
teamwork, which is vital in maximising the efficiency at work. We played two
games which helped enhance our team spirit: Pool Noodle Pick-up and Egg Drop
Challenge. Both games required us to practise our teamwork and enhanced our
understanding of each other.
Another highlight of
today is the jazzercise. It’s basically jazz and exercise combined together.
The instructor was energetic enough in motivating us to do those tough
exercises. We all enjoyed this more than normal exercises. At last, we had
sports night. We played American football, soccer and lacrosse. Although I
don’t really like ball games, I had a swell time bonding with my friends and
discovering new sports.
Charley Lam 3A (21)
The theme today is
teamwork, something that I need to work on. Sometimes in group projects the
work distribution may not be equal and some members may have to take on extra
workload while others get undeserved credits. It may also happen that there is
insufficient cooperation between group members. With teamwork, these situations
can be avoided.
In the team-building
activities, we could apply communication and leadership skills in solving
problems together. Even though we were grouped with unfamiliar people, our
group soon managed to cooperate well with others by sharing ideas.
At night we played
sports such as lacrosse, American football, football and 'Doctor Dodgeball'. I
enjoyed 'Doctor Dodgeball' the most because it required more strategies than
regular dodgeball. 'Doctor Dodgeball' has all the usual rules of regular
dodgeball, but with a twist— people who get hit have to sit down but can be
revived by the doctor. The main objective was to have as many surviving players
on the team as possible, so the whole team had to cover for the doctor to the
best of their ability. Since it was a large group, communication was rather
difficult. However, we were glad that we managed to protect the doctor and did
quite well in the game.
Emma Wu 3A (37)
In the morning, we
played a few games centering on teamwork. We learned to cooperate with each
other better through various games such as building a marshmallow tower, and
picking up the balls with two sticks.
After some
team-building games, we did jazzercise and it was extremely tiring. We also had
the egg drop challenge and my group handled it successfully as we were able to
collect different ideas from all of the members. It was great fun throughout
the whole process of building the vessel for the egg with my members together.
After dinner, we tried
out different types of sports such as American football, soccer and lacrosse.
We also played Doctor Dodgeball, which made me realize all the more the
importance of teamwork and communication between members. I find the lessons
and activities today rewarding as they helped me learn to cooperate with others
more effectively.
Cherry Lee 3S (18)
Today was such a great
day. At first, we had a game which requires good teamwork. It was called pool
noodle pick up. We had to work together and pick up the plastic balls from the
hula-loop in the middle of the hall to our own hula-loop. This game required
much cooperation among team members. This was really exciting and I really
enjoyed it! Later, we had a game and we had to put the marshmallow on top of a
tower made of spaghetti. The game was challenging indeed. We tried to use tapes
to make the tower stable but we failed. And finally we had an egg drop contest
and we had to make sure that the egg was not broken when it was thrown down
from the stage. And our group decided to put some cotton wool around the egg
and at last we succeeded!
In the afternoon, we
had a brief tour at Western University. We visited the book store and grocery
store and brought some souvenirs. After that, we had a jazzercise class and it
was just so fun yet tiring! It gave us a full body workout.
At night, we had our
sports night and played soccer, American football and Lacrosse. I was not too
interested in sports but after this special sports night, I found that sports
games were actually fun and relaxing! I was anticipating the visit to Berry
Farm tomorrow.
Haylie Lai 3S (13)
Today was the ninth
day of our tour. In the morning, we
played different games revolving the theme - “teamwork”. The game building a
“tower” with spaghetti and marshmallow is special to me, Thanks to our team
members who engaged in an amazing discussion and got everything organized
before the game. We won the game. After lunch, we had a Jazzercise class. We
learned various dance steps and danced with pop music. Though the class is
tiring, we all had a fabulous time and enjoyed the time we had with the
teacher. Lastly, we had a little game which was quite unforgettable for me. Our
counselor, Raina asked us to close our eyes and give us a particular
number. When our number was called, she
would say a sentence, we would then be able to open our eyes and tap a person
that suited to the line. In this game, I understood more about my strengths and
weaknesses. This certainly help me turn my weaknesses into an opportunity for
personal growth and further develop my strengths. Today was really a memorable
day!














沒有留言:
張貼留言